Balance is Key

 Balance is Key

    For the longest time, I thought that a diet was the only answer to losing weight. Between fasting, keto, and limiting myself to foods that I enjoyed, it only ended with me quitting the diet and binging the foods that I missed, and I was right back to square one. 
    When we were all in quarantine, I researched online and on social media about healthy ways to lose fat. I eventually came across a girl on TikTok. I can't remember her username, but she basically explained how balance is key. Her main point was that it is okay to eat the cookie or bowl of ice cream, and bagels aren't bad for you either! Do not limit yourself from the foods that make you happy, but make sure you are giving your body the nutrients that it needs to stay healthy at the same time, such as protein, carbs, fruits, vegetables, etc. Your body and mind will thank you when you are fueling yourself with foods that you actually enjoy. I'm not an expert, but I can tell you that I've been way happier with balance. 

Comments

  1. I agree that balance is key, so long as there are no current medical conditions preventing certain food intake. I used to always think it was only about food intake too, but I learned that exercise is a powerful aide in reducing caloric intake, as well as balancing the intake and exertion of calories. Also, I learned in a past class with Dr. Brewer that fad diets like the Keto diet really don't give any long-lasting benefits because when people are so concerned with losing the weight fast and a lot of it, it just doesn't stick to a long-lasting mindset or lifestyle. Lifestyle and mindset change, as well as understanding that the transformation of your body with anything is meant to be a gradual process, is really important. It's important for me to mention, too, that losing weight too quickly can actually put your body into starvation mode and slow your metabolism in general.

    Bushman, Barbara. American College of Sports Medicine: Complete Guide to Fitness and Health.

    2nd edition. Human Kinetics. 2011. Revised 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great post! I feel like a lot of the time when some people want to eat healthy or are looking for ways to become healthier or lose weight they think they can't eat anything they enjoy anymore which isn't true. I think balance is a great thing to remember and keep in mind because a balanced diet supplies the nutrients your body needs to work effectively. It's making sure your diet contains different kinds of foods in certain quantities and proportions. This doesn't mean you can't eat that food you enjoy, you just have to make sure you're balancing that in your diet. You just have to make that a reminder in your diet and your body knows what it needs and if you're creating that healthy balance and it can take a little to get there, which is perfectly okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. Balance is very much key. Even when eating it is okay to have some junk food but have a good balance with healthy foods. Balance can also play into life in general, balancing out your school work with your social life is also very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I think everyone should have balance in their lives, but some bad foods won't hurt every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Yourself a Break

Unified Fitness